The Niagara IceDogs dropped Game 2 of the Ontario Hockey League Eastern Conference final 7-4 to the Ottawa 67′s Sunday afternoon at the Jack Gatecliff Arena.
The first period saw the IceDogs get off to a tough start, falling behind 4-0 14:08 in. Alex Friesen got the IceDogs on the board before the end of the period, making it 4-1 after one. Shots in the period were 17-12 for Niagara.
The IceDogs came out flying in the second, as Brett Ritchie tipped home a Jamie Oleksiak point shot on the powerplay to make it 4-2. Dougie Hamilton brought the IceDogs back to within one with another powerplay goal 4:09 into the second, making it 4-3. The IceDogs seemed to have the momentum, but only a minute later Ottawa scored to extend the lead to two again at 5-3. Ottawa would score once more before the end of the period to make it 6-3 after 40 minutes.
The third would see Ottawa extend the lead to 7-3, before a late goal by David Pacan made it a 7-4 final. Final shots were 48-35 for the IceDogs.
The two teams will not have much time to rest as the IceDogs hit the road to Ottawa for game three Monday night.
With the series now tied at a game a piece, Game 5 will be next Fridayback in St. Catharines. Tickets for that game will go on sale Monday at noon.
1. OTT N. Foglia, (2) , 7:39
1. OTT C. Ceci, (2) (J. Cardwell, S. Prince), 10:00 (PP)
1. OTT D. Smith, (2) (S. Monahan), 12:53 (SH)
1. OTT S. Prince, (7) (S. Janes, M. Cazzola), 14:08
1. NIAG A. Friesen, (7) (A. Agozzino, L. Mercer), 14:50
2. NIAG B. Ritchie, (2) (J. Oleksiak, J. Graham), 2:20 (PP)
2. NIAG D. Hamilton, (3) (S. Shipley, R. Strome), 4:09 (PP)
2. OTT M. Cazzola, (2) (S. Prince, C. Ceci), 5:09
2. OTT S. Monahan, (7) (M. Cajkovsky, M. Vlajkov), 11:38 (PP)
3. OTT J. Cardwell, (3) (S. Monahan, D. Smith), 10:29 (PP)
3. NIAG D. Pacan, (6) (A. Friesen, M. Theoret), 19:44