Special to Bullet News
Ryan Strome scored his 100th OHL goal Saturday night, but the Niagara IceDogs still dropped a 4-2 decision to the Oshawa Generals at Jack Gatecliff Arena.
In the first period Oshawa opened the scoring at 8:33. Despite a high intensity level of play, the IceDogs were unable to find the back of the net and the score remained 1-0 heading into the intermission. The shot total was 14-8 for Oshawa.
The IceDogs came out strong in the second as Brenden Perlini, put the IceDogs on the board 6:30 in. Strome scored a shorthanded marker to give the IceDogs a one-goal advantage at 2-1. Oshawa pulled even at the 10:34 mark, a score that would remain heading into the intermission. At the end of the period the shots favoured Oshawa 25-16.
Oshawa scored two unanswered in the third period.
The IceDogs are in Erie Wednesday and in Owen Sound Saturday.
1. OSH T. Biggs, (21) (B. Jenner, S. Laughton), 8:33 (PP)
2. NIAG B. Perlini, (6) (M. Lemmon), 6:30
2. NIAG R. Strome, (29) (B. Ritchie), 9:17 (SH)
2. OSH S. Sabourin, (24) (S. Laughton, G. Schemitsch), 10:34 (PP)
3. OSH S. Laughton, (17) (L. Lessio, S. Sabourin), 1:08 (PP) 3. OSH T. Biggs, (22) (M. Petgrave), 19:51 (EN)