JEFF JOHNSTON/Special to Bullet News
NIAGARA – Festivals and events across Niagara are receiving nearly $850,000 in funding from the Ontario government through the Celebrate Ontario fund.
The fund was established to help promote tourism, create jobs and grow the economy in the province. Over 200 festivals and events across Ontario are receiving funding, 10 of which are in the Niagara region.
Here is a list of the events across Niagara that have received contribution:
- IlluminAqua Arts and Culture Series – $72,500
- Jackson-Triggs Amphitheatre Festival 2013 – $75,000
- The International Cool Climate Chardonnay Celebration – $70,750
- South Asian Festival & Bhangra Competition – $75,000
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Peach Celebration – $22,000
- The Niagara Food Festival – $64,100
- The Niagara Wine Festival – $22,100
- Shaw Festival Theatre – $75,000
- STRUTT Wearable Art Weekend – $23,000
- Red Bull Crashed Ice Niagara Falls 2014 – $350,000
In 2011, tourism contributed over $23 billion to the economy and supported over 300,000 direct and indirect jobs.